08/01/2013

three months



My name is Emma, I am Betsy's mama and I love my new job.

It's awesome!

Now it is a cliché to say it's been the best three months of my life but it really has.  It's also been the scariest, funniest, most knackering three months of my life and nothing, nothing at all will ever be the same again.  Hurrah!

What can I tell you about Bets.  She is a dreamboat.  She sleeps through the night already, she smiles a lot especially first thing in the morning and her first smile of the day is so brilliant that we fight to be the one who steals it.

She now weighs just over 11lbs even though her eating is a bit hit and miss, she coos at Tilly and has giggled for her daddy.  She's getting good at holding her head up and loves to sit and watch the telly...which is horrifying but quite funny at the same time.

She sucks her thumb (which is really cute) and looks good in stripes.  She is very long and has big brown eyes.  She looks so much like her daddy that people actually feel bad about saying it and do so with sympathy in their voices as if I mind so terribly.

I climb into bed every night and pull her moses basket closer because I like hearing her snuffle and move around, I think I shall let her move into her own room when she is about sixteen!!

Being a mama is such a privilege, this girl has my total devotion for ever.  Now, I think the hoovering might be a bit overdue....must go see to that!

8 comments:

  1. Wow...three months already...
    And what a beautiful sweetie she is...(sigh...)
    Those eyes! She looks so intelligent!
    ( So she's a bit like you also, isn't she ;)
    Have fun hoovering...Love from Mirjam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awh!! She's a cutie! Such a friggin' cutie! I love her little stripes. I love stripes on my boy too. It's great she's sleeping through the night, my boy is doing well but we're still waiting to hit that all nighter :)

    I am so glad you are enjoying Momma-hood. The world can fall apart outside your window and you wouldn't care so long as you get one of those morning smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so lovely to hear the devotion in your words ... she is so, so cute ... I knew you would take motherhood in your stride ... have a lovely week ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed! There is nothing greater than motherhood! Your baby is an angel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love each day of the past 11years of being a mum, best thing ever. Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ciao Emma (and Betsy!!)!!!
    Seems that everything is going on so well in your motherhood!!! Happy for you and for the lucky little girl!!!
    Wishing you all the best for this 2013,
    love, xxx Ale
    a little kiss for Tilly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, Betty is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe.. Such a cutie! Motherhood is such a joy, I know I have enjoyed the past 5 months with my little one as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there

Got something on your mind?

Did I make you laugh, cry or even spit feathers?

Tell me, tell me, I appreciate all feedback and love a good chat. I even turned that stupid word verification off to make it easier for you to do so.

Emma